Monday, April 25, 2011

Getting to Know Me







My name is Alice B.. Until we moved here to Texas, I had lived most of my life in the same town in Southern California (La Crescenta, the foothills above LA and just west of Pasadena) and my older sons even had some of the same school teachers as I! I love the beaches, the mountains and camping, and until moving here, we camped a lot. (Favorite places to camp: Yosemite, Sequoias and Yellowstone.) I have been happily married to Mark for 33 years (we met when he was our stake Young Adult President and I was one of his counselors!) We have four sons and three (soon to be four) grandchildren. After family and church, my passion is music. I grew up in a home surrounded by music and have kept that tradition. I love to sing! I have taught private singing lessons for over 25 years and love to help train and coach others and see them come alive through the power of good music. I also sing with the Houston Symphony Chorus and have enjoyed singing with renowned maestros and musicians, recording CDs and touring and performing in many countries (England, Wales, Prague, Budapest and Vienna). I am currently the secretary in the Relief Society Presidency. I'll end with a quote from Marvin J. Ashton (July 1973 Ensign, page 24). It explains a principle that I firmly believe and love! "As children of God we are somebody. He will build us, mold us, and magnify us if we will but hold our heads up, our arms out, and walk with him. What a great blessing to be created in his image and know of our true potential in and through him! What a great blessing to know that in his strength we can do all things!"




Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Alice! It was fun to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete