Sunday, July 31, 2011

Getting to Know Me!

Hi, I’m Darla. My family moved here just over a year ago from Chicago, Illinois. We have enjoyed the friendships we have made here and hope to get to know more of you over the next year.

A few facts about me that seem to surprise those I tell:

1. I am a twin. My sister is named Gayla and she is living in Arizona with her husband and 5 kids. I have 5 other siblings.



2. I was a HUGE tomboy growing up. I cracke
d that rough shell sometime in high school but still went on to major in Physical Education. I taught jr. high PE for a year in Orem before getting married.




3. I served a mission in Tokyo, Japan. I loved the culture and the people but the language was pretty difficult to catch on to.




4. I married “the boy across the street”. Shad moved into my neighborhood when we were both 7 years old. We were friends through childhood but didn’t start “dating” until after our missions. It was a long courtship but he never exited the emotional rollercoaster I put him through and I finally came to my senses in 1996 when we got married in the Mesa, Arizona temple.

5. Shad retaliated by putting me on a rollercoaster of his own our first year of marriage. In looking for steady employment, we found ourselves living in 3 different countries, 4 different states, and staying the night in over 20 different places!


6. The hardest trial in my life to date has been losing my 62 year old Mom to a heart attack three years ago. She was my greatest supporter and confidant. I look forward to seeing her again and find peace in the message of the restoration.


7. My most exciting accomplishment in the past year has been running a 5k obstacle course in mud. It almost ended too quickly as I had friends from the ward making it so enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment