Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting To Know Me!

My name is Wanawan C.  I was born in a small town called Sawankhaloke, Thailand.  I have no brothers or sisters (lucky me), but I have lots of cousins.  I grew up close to a river where I fetched water, took baths, and learned to swim.  When I was young, you could say I was a tomboy.  For fun, I used to hunt lots of small animals with a homemade slingshot.  One time I got so carried away with my playing that I didn’t eat anything all day and ended up fainting.  In high school, I enjoined being on the volleyball team.  After finishing high school in my hometown I attended college in Bangkok, Thailand for a few years.  Then, my life completely changed when my cousin asked me to come to America to help with her business.  I decided to postpone school and come to the U.S.  At the time, the scariest thing for me was the thought of being on an airplane for the first time.  On the other hand, I was so excited because this would be my first time traveling away from my country.  It was one of the most exciting moments of my life.
While living in Bangkok I rarely cooked because I could walk outside my apartment and get food in a minute.  When coming to Houston, though, I had to cook for myself and my cousin, which was a chore at first, although I learned to love it.  Of course, Thai food is number one on my list.  One of the dishes I like is Papaya salad with grilled chicken and sweet rice. 
After living in the U.S. for a couple years, I met a returned missionary named Ryan Cahoon.  He introduced me to the church and soon after I was baptized.  In March 2000, Ryan and I were married.  In December 2001, Reena, who is 9 years old now, came along followed by Jonathan seven years later (he turns 2 in January).   Not long after our marriage, we moved to Galveston for nine months.  Then, we moved back to Katy and went to the Nottingham County ward for a couple years before heading to Austin, Texas.  When Ryan finished his masters in accounting at UT, we decided to move back to Katy, hopefully for good!!   We have been in the ward for quite some time.  We love it here.
            
                I am a stay-at-home mom.  I couldn’t say that I love every minute of it, but I would not trade it with anything else in the world.   I also take some classes online at HCC.  I would like to finish an accountant degree at U of H and still have a long way to go.  I don’t like reading; instead, I am better at watching or listening. I love music and like to sing.  I also like to draw even though I’m not very good at it.
                My husband is an accountant at Apache.  He is my hero.  He fills my heart with his love and makes me feel complete.  I love him and thank him for loving me.  Reena is my angel.  She brings me joy and peace.  She likes to sing and she is a peacemaker.  Little Jonathan is my teacher.  I learn a lot from him.  I learn to keep things out of his reach, to put safety inserts in outlets, to not give him a bowl of cereal in the living room, to close the bath room door, to be patient, to order takeout instead of dining-in, and many more things.  I am sure he still has LOTS of things to teach me.
                 
                 My goal is to be a good mom, good wife, good daughter, and good friend.  I want my kids to grow up to be good people and live the life that Heavenly Father plans for them.  One of my teachers taught me that we should “learn from our mistakes and not repeat them.”  I remind myself of this when I need to forgive someone else or even myself and try to remember that we are only human.  We are not perfect and all make mistakes, and we can pray to help others learn from their mistakes.
Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

No comments:

Post a Comment