Friday, January 21, 2011

Getting To Know Me



My name is Whitney G, I'm 25-years-old and have lived in Texas for almost 2 years, been in the ward for 1 year.  I grew up in Seattle and went to college at BYU-Idaho.  I majored in Communications Advertising with a minor in Business. 

I currently work for a nonprofit called Faith In Practice.  We are a Christian organization that does medical missions in Guatemala.  I head up our main fundraiser, plan events and design all our materials.  I love my job and am blessed to be able to go to Guatemala this month to serve as a member of one of our teams of volunteers.  I am a little nervous about going; I have never had to get shots just to visit a place before!

During my free time I love to design things. I am totally self-taught, but got my skills to a point where I could open my own little business www.whitneygillisdesign.com. I design birth announcements, wedding invitations, Christmas cards...pretty much anything. 

My best friend is a long haired Chihuahua named Bentley.  I love him most when he sleeps on my lap but sometimes I have to put him in the "doggy snuggie" my mom bought him to calm him down when i am trying to work, he hates wearing it!

I have been teaching in primary for quite some time now so I don't get to know many people over 4-years-old in the ward.  I love my calling, the kids are so sweet and I love seeing them grow in the gospel.  Many of them surprise me with how much they already know and understand.

I love crafting, reading, doing aerobics classes at the gym and wish I was better at interior decorating.
Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

No comments:

Post a Comment