Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting To Know Me




I am Roshella B. and am the leader for the meeting formerly known as Enrichment (We are now calling it the "Quarterly RS meeting). My husband, Arnie, and I have been in the ward for almost 5 years (when we built our first home). We have been married 6 years; we met online, which I never thought I would do!

I am the oldest of seven children and have 10 nieces and nephews that I have worked hard to spoil rotten (see family picture). When I married Arnie, I got even more (and 9 great-nephews & nieces!). I grew up in the Alief area; many people know my parents (Don & Theresa Hoyt) or siblings (Nathan, Dean, Nolan, Diana, and Dora - and they married into families that have also lived here forever. Their spouses are Jackie Rose, Bonnie Silva, and Steve Roosa, who grew up in Nottingham Country). They all live here in Houston, except for my youngest sister who lives in Washington D.C. My parents moved here from Louisiana when I was 4 years old, so Houston is home for me.


I have been a graphic designer for almost 20 years, but am currently unemployed (and still haven't cleaned all my closets like I thought I would!). I like to read and sew, but both are so time-consuming that I don't do them as often as I would like. My husband and I love to travel - even if it's just a short road trip on a Saturday. We also enjoy festivals, movies, and historical sites. We love to entertain (which usually means dinner and games). And, even though my husband is a professional chef, I do most of the cooking!

FYI - people in the ward I have known forever: Anne Skye and her family were in my ward when I was a child, and I remember that I loved to go to her house when she would babysit us (she was fun then, too!). Also, I've known Trudy Sarlls and Leigh Townsend for over 20 years - their dad went to the same high school as my dad. And Bill Hagen has been a friend of my parents since he was a very young man! I hope to continue to make many more long-lasting friendships in the Nottingham Country ward!
Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

No comments:

Post a Comment