Thursday, October 1, 2009

Getting To Know Me


Hi,

I’m Ellen C. and was called to serve as the Education Counselor a few months ago. My husband Vaughn and I have lived in this ward for over 13 years. My husband served as the bishop for six years before Bishop Harlan.

I was born in Logan, UT but lived in Walnut Creek, CA from the age of 4-13 and then moved to SLC when I was in the eighth grade. I went to Ricks College (BYU Idaho).
I met my husband at Young Adults in Salt Lake City. We were married a year later. We’ve lived in Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas. We have 5 children (3 boys followed by 2 girls) and 7+ grandchildren. We officially became empty nesters when our youngest, Heather was married this past April. It also gave us the distinction of having five weddings in the past six years which is my excuse for my lapses in memory or anything else that goes awry!

I worked part-time the last six years keeping the books and doing the billing for a marriage and family therapist but recently retired. It’s been great having the time to work in the temple, to try a variety of new things, get back to some old hobbies, as well as the flexibility to come and go, visit family and play grandma.

I enjoy singing, playing the flute, watching old movies, reading, and the beauty of nature.
I love…to find the humor in day to day life, chocolate, studying the scriptures, spending time with family (not necessarily in that order : ) and have recently taken up quilting with its accompanying “fieldtrips” and “shop hops”. I have decided I am a fabric “collector” that occasionally completes a quilt.

I am excited to serve in Relief Society and look forward to getting to know each of you as we work together.
Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

3 comments:

  1. So fun to get to know more about you, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen~you are so cute. Thanks for sharing that.
    ♥KelleyAnne
    By the way....I think those field trips sound fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you.....I'm glad that we have you in our R/S Presidency...I love your sense of humor.

    I know I'm a little slow in commenting but you know "ole age'.

    ReplyDelete