Friday, September 4, 2009

Getting to Know Me



My name is Patrice P. and I was recently called as the ward Relief Society President. I was born in Pocatello, Idaho, and while growing up I moved frequently between Utah, Idaho, and Nebraska, finally settling in Arlington, Texas, in high school. When I graduated I went off to BYU and promptly married Allen, whom I met in an introductory geology lab. I was a freshman student; he was the graduate instructor for the course. We’ve spent most of our married life living in Houston, and the past 19 years in the Nottingham Country Ward. We have four children, all of whom graduated from Taylor High School. By profession, I am a registered nurse and spent ten years working in the operating room, and then I retired to do my favorite thing—spend time with my six (almost seven) grandchildren. Besides spending time with family, these past few years Allen and I have enjoyed working in the Houston Temple on Fridays, and of course I have fun serving in the Relief Society. In my spare time, I also like quilting, exercising, reading, and watching reruns of Law and Order.
Loading image
Click anywhere to cancel
Image unavailable

1 comment:

  1. I love how Patrice met her husband! By the way...what grade did you get?

    ReplyDelete